I am a fantasy football rookie. I blog, but I am not a complete nerd. Deal with it.
But someone invited me to participate in a league and I accepted. The whole thing was quite embarrassing actually. I had technical difficulties, so auto pick ended up doing the first two rounds. (I had done some preliminary draft ordering.) I picked, not with piles of research by my side, but according to the flow of the draft and my general football knowledge. This is why I ended up with 4 starters with a week 6 bye. Not only was I too busy "concentrating" to talk smack to the other league members, but I asked a stupid girl question too. "Can I pick any position now that I've filled my starting roster?" Several people answered "Yup", but I'm sure they were laughing hysterically.
Still, I did okay. Here are my picks by round. This is team, "Jerry Jones' Botox".
- Peyton Manning, QB, Indy
- Travis Henry, RB, Denver
- Marion Barber, RB, Dallas
- TJ Who's Your Mama, WR, Cincy
- Calvin "Big Hands" Johnson, WR, The D
- Jason Witten, TE, The Other D
- Donte Stallworth, WR, Home of the Rooney Rule
- DST, Pittsburgh's Not so Bad
- Robbie Gould, K, Cuz Rex Grossman Isn't Going to Throw For Any Touchdowns
- Jason Campbell, QB, The City that Craves a Black Quarterback More than Atlanta
- Patrick Crayton, WR, Where TO Loves the Kids
- Antwaan Randle El, WR, Washington
- Najeh Davenport, RB, Pittsburgh Isn't That Bad. Really!
- Martin Gramatica, K, Dallas
So, what do you think? Not too shabby for a rookie.